Average Prices of VANCOUVER and TORONTO Single Family Detached Houses, BITCOIN and GOLD all Denominated in USD. Hacks & Scams
See also the chart comparing PRICES in $CAD and $USD for Single Family Detached Houses in Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary with FX and Crude Oil Notations
Thanks and a Hat Tip to @MikeCautillo for showing me how to get Bitcoin data from https://coinmetrics.io/community-network-data/#comm-files BTC prices are the average for the month. Gold prices are the highest of the month. SFD prices are average.
In June 2021 Bitcoin USD prices took another serious hit as sellers unloaded. Meanwhile Single Family Detached USD prices in Toronto and in Vancouver remained at new highs with a rising USD/CAD ratio as buyers kept engaged and exuberantly receptive to the pandemic pricing on offer.
Gold bullion prices remained flat and continued building a base. Below are live charts from TradingView for BTCUSD and GC1!
CryptoCurrency Hacks & Scams
Notable Cryptrocurrency Exchange Hacks, Resulting in the Theft of Cryptocurrencies.
Source: Wikipedia July 1, 2021:
- Bitstamp In 2015 cryptocurrencies worth $5 million were stolen
- Mt. Gox Between 2011 and 2014, $350 million worth of bitcoin were stolen
- Bitfinex In 2016, $72 million were stolen through exploiting the exchange wallet, users were refunded.
- NiceHash In 2017 more than $60 million worth of cryptocurrency was stolen.
- Coincheck NEM tokens worth $400 million were stolen in 2018.
- Zaif $60 million in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Monacoin stolen in September 2018.
- Binance In 2019 cryptocurrencies worth $40 million were stolen.
Recent Crypto Currency Hack & Scam News
- A death in Cryptoland (QuadrigaCX) CBC May 25, 2021
- Inside the cryptocurrency scam vortex The Verge June 10, 2021
- Cryptocurrency scams have soared 1,000% since October (2020) CBS June 17, 2021
- Lawyers for Africrypt’s Missing Founders Say They’ve Been Fired: Yahoo Finance June 28, 2021
- Founders of alleged scam Africrypt deny involvement in $3.8B ‘hack’ CoinGeek June 29, 2021
TradingView Crypto assets that include Bitcoin
Bitcoin is the world’s most-traded cryptocurrency which represents a massive share of the cryptocurrency market. It was the first cryptocurrency that was introduced to the public and has therefore the most developed infrastructure. It is often considered to be a trendsetter in the cryptocurrency world. Bitcoin essentially created an alternative asset class and can be used in portfolio hedging strategies especially during the turbulent markets.
TradingView Gold price is widely followed in financial markets around the world. Gold was the basis of economic capitalism for hundreds of years until the repeal of the Gold standard, which led to the expansion of a fiat currency system in which paper money doesn't have an implied backing with any physical form of monetization. AU is the code for Gold on the Periodic table of elements, and the price above is Gold quoted in US Dollars, which is the common yardstick for measuring the value of Gold across the world.