Why Vikram Mansharamani is shorting Canada
"BUBBLES ARE NOT RANDOM"
- Canadians have extremely higher debt to income ratios than Greeks do.
- Canadian housing prices have diverged extremely upward from the U.S. experience without a corresponding correction.
- The Canadian economy is at risk from the oil sell off.
- Canadian sub-prime loans could be as high as 25% of new loan creation.
- Canadian hubris, over confidence and fear: 1) Canada is different, 2) foreign buyers want Canadian real estate, 3) real estate prices will continue to rise (the inflation argument), 4) have to buy now before being priced out.
Wed, April 1, 2015, Frances Horodelski interviews Vikram Mansharamani, author of "BOOMBUSTOLOGY: Spotting Financial Bubbles Before They Burst", and Senior Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School.
WATCH THE 9min VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH VIKRAM